Yes folks, its back! The TURBO Action Polo Tournament kicks off again on Monday 2 May 2016 at Reddam House, Tokai. The Reddam pool has new pumps and so far so good this winter in terms of water temperatures. After a hugely successful three years, the Tournament continues with the majority of rules and set up being the same.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CORRESPONDENCE REGARDING FIXTURES, TEAMS, CANCELLATIONS, LOGS ETC WILL BE DONE VIA WWW.WATERPOLOACADEMY.CO.ZA As per last year, matches will continue whatever the weather – EXCEPT in the case of lightning.
1) All Participants must be between Grade 8 and Grade 12 or u14 – u19.
2) Entries are LIMITED to 80 people only, SO “1st come 1st served”
2) Teams are randomly drawn from a “Hat” and will be mixed boys and Girls.
3) There are 10 Players per team and a minimum of 2 Boys and 2 Girls in the water at all times.
4) 5 Players and 1 Goalkeeper in the water, 4 on the bench.
5) Games are 2 x 10min Running Time.
6) All games will run on one Central Clock and will start on TIME.
7) All games are HALF Pool.
8) Balls are TURBO SIZE 4.
Power PLAY Rules:
1) POWER PLAY of ONE Min.
a. The POWER PLAY will be the last Minute of 1st Chukka and 1st Minute of the 2nd Chukka.
b. Goals count as 2.
1) When a player gets excluded they swim to THEIR corner and must be replaced after having a SHOT of POWERADE..
2) A new player can automatically return in if a goal is scored.
3) 5m Penalties count as 2 Goals only if scored by a girl (even during a power play).
Mon 2 May
Mon 9 May
Mon 16 May
Mon 23 May
Mon 30 June
Cost: R400.00 per person
Silvertree Aquatics Club
FNB – Rondebosch
Acc No: 62181945472
Branch Code: 201 509
REF: Name and Turbo AP ( NB PLEASE DO THIS CORRECTLY)
We are also looking for some COOL NEW Team names, so please send through your ideas.
Selection Criteria for Various Water Polo teams (click to download)
1) Criteria for CANA Zone IV Men’s Youth Water Polo Championships 2016 (18 U)-02-2016
2) Criteria for CANA Zone IV Women’s Youth Water Polo Championships 2016 (18 U)- 03-2016
3) Selection Criteria Olympic Qualifiers Water Polo Men 2016- 04
4) Selection Criteria Olympic Qualifiers Water Polo Women 2016- 05
Some Important Dates for 2016:
1) 28 – 30 January 2016: Grey Bloem u19 Boys Tournament
2) 29 – 30 January 2016: Reddam u13 Boys & Girls Action Polo Tournament
3) 11 – 14 February 2016: Pitcairn Cup u14 Boys and Girls at Reddam
4) 19 – 21 February 2016: St Peters u19 Girls Tournament
5) 19 – 21 February 2016: Shaun Fuchs u15 Girls Tournament at Crawford Lonehill
6) 19 – 21 February 2016: St Andrews u19 Boys Tournament
7) 27 February: Reddam u13 Girls Tournament
8) 3 – 5 March 2016: Grey PE u13 Boys Tournament
9) 3 – 6 March 2016:
a. KES u19 Boys Tournament
b. Parktown u15 Boys Tournament
c. Jeppe u14 Boys Tournament
10) 9 March: WPSWP at Newlands